ZO HP Antifouling Paint
- High performance antifouling paint recommended for fresh and salt water
- Features Zinc Omadine® and ePaint’s patented photoactive technology to prevent settling and attachment of hard shell-type organisms
- Formulated with fluoro-polymers to provide the lowest friction surface when wet
- Great choice for the serious sailor
- Extremely effective antifouling protection
- Prevents grass, slime, algae and bacteria
- Offers drag reduction and fuel savings
- Good for boats that are frequently hauled and launched by trailer
- Due to the photo-active nature of ZO-HP, additional coats around the waterline strongly recommended to extend service life.
- ZO-HP is viscous, for easier application at cool or warm temperatures or for spray application, reduce only with ePaint EP-13 thinner
- For a smooth racing bottom finish, spray application is the recommended method. Alternately, ZO-HP may be rolled and once hard it can be wet sanded and polished to a mirror like finish. Note: it will take several days at warm temperatures due to fluoropolymer technology for paint to harden to a point where it will readily sand and not gum up paper, especially if applied at cool temperatures.
ePaint ZO-HP coating technology was developed, uses materials from, and is proudly manufactured in the USA. Please contact ePaint.com at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on ePaint ZO-HP or other ePaint products.
- Hybrid finish incorporates benefits of both hard and ablative type paints – no old paint build up
- Maximum dry to launch time of 60 days
- Okay to haul boats in and out
- Compatible over many hard antifoulants and epoxy barrier coats
- Paint may be maintenance scrubbed in-water without taking paint off
- Coverage rate: 275 ft2 /gal; 70 ft2 /qt
- Available colors: White, Gray, and Safety Orange
- Packaging: Single component available in Quart, Gallon, and Five Gallon containers
- Thinner: ePaint EP-13 thinner
- Application: Traditional methods – roll (1/4” nap or foam), brush, or spray (HVLP). For a racing finish, spray application is preferred method or alternatively roll and wet sand smooth when finish is hard
- Finish: Eggshell-like finish
- Recommended number of coats: 2 or 3 full coats with 2 extra coats at the waterline and leading edges.
- Safe for all hull types
For complete application procedures and requirements see the Tech Data Sheet tab.