SN-1 Antifouling Paint
- Copper and tributyltin-free alternative antifouling paint for heavy duty applications
- Formerly only available for U.S. Government agencies, SN-1 now approved for use on commercial vessels and commercial application
- Use in both fresh and salt water
- Features ePaint’s patented photo-active technology and Sea Nine 211N™ active
- Compatible over most popular antifouling paints and easy for commercial applicators to apply
- Will not promote galvanic corrosion on aluminum, steel or metal hulls and parts
- Crew boats
- Patrol boats
- Utility boats
- Emergency response, police, and fire boats
- Transport vessels
- Fishing boats
- Military assault craft
Due to the photoactive nature of ePaint SN-1, additional coats around the waterline are strongly recommended to extend service life.
SN-1 is thermo-plastic by nature and hot temperatures above 90oF can soften SN-1 slightly, particularly on aluminum boats in full sun, which can cause paint to dig into pads and straps. If SN-1 is to be launched in hot climates, consider launching boat in the morning before full sun and temperatures climb. Place plastic sheeting between pads and straps before lifting. The thermo-plastic nature of SN-1 has no effect on antifouling performance and paint will immediately harden when placed into service of cooler waters.
ePaint SN-1 coating technology was developed, uses materials from, and is proudly manufactured in the USA. Please contact ePaint.com at email@example.com for more information on ePaint SN-1 or other ePaint products.
- Self-polishing finish controls release of active materials and prevents old paint build up
- Unlimited coat to launch time, paint in the fall before winter storage
- Safe to haul boats in and out of the water
- Perfect for any boat, outdrives and running gear
- Coverage rate: 270 ft2/gal; 68 ft2/qt
- Available colors: White, Gray, Black, Green, Blue, Dark Blue and Red
- Packaging: Single component; Gallon
- Thinner: ePaint EP-13 thinner
- Application: Traditional methods – roll (1/4” nap or foam), brush, or spray (HVLP
- Finish: Eggshell-like
- Recommended number of coats: 2 or 3 full coats with 2 extra coats at the waterline and leading edges
- Average Service Life: Affected by number of coats, color choice, boating usage, available sunlight and water temperatures; average service life for boats in temperate waters is 18-22 months, boats in tropical waters is 12-18 months with three full coats and additional coats around waterline, leading edges, and high wash areas
- Compatibility: Fiberglass, aluminum, steel, outboards, outdrives, trim tabs, epoxy type primers, and most popular traditional bottom paints.
- Not recommended for:
- Trailered boats in hot climates
- Over very soft ablative paints
- Bare metal (prime first)
- Application by non-commercial painters
- ePaint SN-1 must be applied by a commercial facility or government entity Proper personal protective equipment must be worn when applying ePaint SN-1 (e.g. goggles, gloves, respirator with organic vapor cartridge, Tyvek suit, etc.)
For complete application procedures and requirements see the Tech Data Sheet tab.
Want to buy now? Authorized vendors linked below. Click the logo to visit the product page directly.